Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - Your Best Friend

OK, so there is a lot of people that I could write this about. My husband, my twin, my friend and neighbor Tiffany, but I think I'm going to tell you about my friend Sam.

She's mean. :) Really, she is. We met in High School in Speech class when she sat behind me and started hitting me with a spoon! How did a great friendship blossom from that one? I have no idea! lol. But even though we've been friends for well over 10 years and now only get to see each other ever few months, we are still the best of friends. She knows that she can count on me and I know that I can count on her. If one of us is having an awful day, week, time, we can call the other and find instant happiness. I'm so thankful to have her as part of my life.

And even though she's mean, she is still one of the sweetest most caring people I know. She has such a special spirit about her and she's had a lot of trials in her life but she has overcome them and become a better person for them that I just can't help but admire her strength. We consider ourselves soul sisters and we both know that no matter where this life takes us we'll always be just a phone call away, a shoulder to cry on, a friend to counsel, someone who cares for every moment the good and bad, whatever we need. It doesn't matter how long it's been since we last saw each other or spoke but we can pick up right where we left off and when we have a chance to talk, we go on for hours! And I know that there have been times where she's called just when I needed her to.

Our friendship is something that I treasure every single day. And I can only hope that someday she'll look up to me as much as I do her!

No comments: