Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 - My Definition of Love

Wow, how to define Love? If you asked me that 10 years ago I'd probably give you a very different answer!

I used to believe that Love was simply that head over heels, intoxicating feeling that you feel at the start of a relationship. Of course when I was say, a teenager, I had a very small understanding of the word! I have since learned that Love is sooo much more than a feeling. Love is a choice, Love is an action, Love is selfless service. Love isn't about what someone else does for you, but what you do for them.

When I try to have dinner at least started when my husband gets home from work cuz I know how hungry he is, that's love. When we finally find 5 minutes to sit on the couch together at the end of the night, that's love. When I get mad at him and choose to forgive, or ask for forgiveness, that's Love. But there's a lot more Love than that in my life. When I look into the eyes of my child and see trust and dependence, that's love. When I know I'd do anything to protect that precious soul, that's love. When I choose to care for, protect, spend time with, laugh with those around me, that's Love.

No comments: