Monday, September 27, 2010

The Pregnant Lady who cried Baby...

Third pregnancy... You'd think I'd know when I was in labor!

With Danielle there was a night or two before she was born where I was up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night with contractions, but they never got closer than 6-10 minutes apart or that painful. I worried what would happen if the same thing happened this time but figured I'd be able to tell whether or not it was actual labor and that I needed to head into the hospital.

Well, because my labor with her was only an hour long, I had instructions to head right in at the first sign of contractions because well... I don't want to deliver the baby at home or in the car! (Not to start a home v. hospital debate, I just prefer to go in to the hospital to have the baby, though I respect those women who choose to give birth at home, it's just not for me). Well, early Sunday morning about 3:30 or so I woke up and had contractions that were 3-5 minutes apart so I woke up Dennis and told him we'd better go. They weren't that intense, but they were pretty close together. So, we get ready and go...

And they get further and further and further apart... Yay :( So, we were there until about 5:30 and discharged to go home with the contractions about 10 minutes apart, but they had accomplished nothing during that time. If they'd only managed to dilate me one more centimeter they probably would have kept me (not that I really know) but so, no baby yet :( And I'm the pregnant lady who cried baby! Well, let's hope next time I head in, it's the real thing and not false labor again!

No comments: