Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Much Needed Break

So, I find myself getting more and more irritable and temporamental the further along I get (Although, believe me, I've been plenty of both the whole pregnancy, poor Dennis, though he claims I haven't been that bad this time) and life in general has been driving me crazy!

Well, some ladies from my ward set up a girl getaway for this past weekend. We rented a hotel room up in Park City and just went to go play and destress. It ended up that our hotel room (a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen) opened up right onto the pool area and it was just amazing! We hung out, talking and watching movies and playing games. We went swimming and sat in the hot tub. I didn't sit in the hot tub but on the edge with my feet in. It was a colder night but the regular pool was heated so it felt great too! So I got to hang out, relax, go swimming and just destress for a little while. It was SOOOO NICE! Then I ended up getting a bed to myself with a million pillows and it was so comfortable. I took full advantage! On Saturday after we checked out of the hotel some of the ladies went and rode the Alpine Slide (Wish I could have! It looked like a lot of fun!) and then we went to some outlet malls where I found the perfect Halloween costume for the baby and for Danielle. The baby we wanted to be a bear this year but I haven't been able to find a good bear costume for a girl. There was only one we found online that seemed ok but this one is pink and fuzzy and perfect :) I can't wait for Halloween just to put her in it! lol. We hadn't been able to decide what Danielle was going to be for Halloween but I found the cutest fairy costume and couldn't resist. Honestly, I can't guarantee she'll be a fairy for Halloween (though it's definitely my vote) but we have a lot of dress up stuff that's all mostly Charity size and now Danielle will be able to dress up with Charity even if she doesn't dress up as a fairy for Halloween. I'm definitely pushing it though, it is SO cute! And all the outlet stores had their Halloween costumes at 30-40% off so they were some great prices too! Even better! (I spent less than half on the baby's costume than what we were going to have to pay to order it online!!!)

Then, the girls were so excited to see me when I got home! They both just came running and jumping up and down and it was so cute to see them :) Charity started telling me all about school he day before and that I hadn't been home but she wanted to show me what she made so she had to run in the house and bring it out to me to show me right then. If I get such a great welcome home, I may have to go away more often! I know they had a fun time with Daddy though because I made them tell me all about the fun stuff I'd missed while I was gone :) Though, Charity was a bit upset with me I didn't bring her home a costume, she kept looking in the bag for her crayon costume. That's what she's decided she wants to be this year, but we're waiting to hear from Grandma what size crayon costume she has. So, Charity just has to wait a little longer for hers.

All in all, it was a really great weekend!

No comments: