Thursday, September 16, 2010

36 Week Appointment

So, I had my 36 week appointment Tuesday night and since they were doing the Group B Strep test I asked to be checked as well. It turns out that I am 1+cm dialted, not a 2 yet but more than a 1, and that I'm 70-80% effaced and very soft. Sounds promising, right :)

With Charity I was never checked before she was born so when she came a little over 3 weeks early, I have no idea if my body had done any gearing up for labor before hand and that labor was only 10 hours long, though 2 1/2 of it was pushing, and another hour of it was waiting for the doctor for me to start pushing because he was next door deliving a baby, which means I was ready to push in 6 1/2 hours.

Well, with Danielle the only one I had written down that I could find was my 38 week appoinment. At that one I was 3cm dialated, and only 60% effaced that time. And labor with her was an hour, total....

So, we'll see when I go into labor this time (please oh please let Dennis be home and my parents here to watch the kids! lol). How soon and how short it will be are the main questions plaguing me lately! lol.

No comments: