Monday, September 20, 2010

Pregnancy Complaints

I've been trying to decide whether or not to post about this since it is a bit more of a downer post and goes a bit more into what I'm feeling, more of those private thoughts, but I want to get it out there. And it felt good to get my thoughts typed out a bit. I don't really know if all of my frustration with the topic comes out or not but all I can say is pregnancy and I really don't get along and this one hasn't been any exception, not even close.

Dennis keeps making comments about how this pregnancy has been better than either of the others and I haven't been able to figure out how on earth he thinks that. The other night I discovered why. I haven't been complaining enough. Seriously. He was talking about how my back hasn't hurt as much and I've been able to do more and this that and the other. It was a couple nights ago so I no longer remember what all was said, just the jist of the conversation. And he must only think that because I haven't complained as much. That's the only reason I can come up with!

I haven't really had any help this pregnancy which is the only reason I've done more. I've HAD to do more. It didn't mean I felt any better or anything of that. I've simply had to do it. When you've got 2 little kids depending on you, you HAVE to get up with them in the morning, you HAVE to feed them, you HAVE to clean up after them (not that I've done a whole lot of that anyway) at least the necessary clean up stuff. But I've done a lot more this pregnancy because I've HAD to. And you know what, I've hurt more and stuff to. There's just been no reason to complain about it because who was going to help me with it or shoulder some of it? There has been NO ONE to help.

My first pregnancy was well, my first pregnancy. I had the ability to lay around all day and not do anything. That was nice. No kids to chase after or messes to clean up. If I had a headache I could just lay in the dark and let it pass. My second pregnancy my wonderful Mother was able to come and stay with us for weeks at a time during the whole pregnancy and help. This time, Dennis was taking 2 classes at school and super super busy, he was never around. Mom had just had back surgery, she could barely walk let alone come help take care of my kids and my house. This time I've had kids to take care of. Sorry I forgot to complain about just how horrible it's been and the pain I've been in and miserably sick. I've taken a lot more tylenol with this pregnancy as well simply because with 2 small children to take care of (and boy do 2 small children require a lot of time and energy!) I can't afford to have these terrible headaches and try to get them to go away on their own so tylenol it's been. Really, I'd prefer to NOT take medication during pregnancy but sometimes you do what you've got to do.

For the 2 weeks I was taking tylenol while dealing with tooth pain cuz of the root canal, I felt wonderful! That stuff makes it so all the fun pregnancy pain goes away too... No back what, no round ligament pain, seriously, felt just about normal. Still natious, didn't help with that, but atleast no pain. But you can't live on pain killers while pregnant.

So, what was I suppose to do? If you come to my house you can see just how little I've done. It's such a mess. Yes, once a month or so Dennis has helped out to make the whole house presentable but it doesn't stay that way for long. I don't think there's been any REAL deep, good cleaning done around the house since I got pregnant, just enough to make it look presentable when someone comes over and it's driven me CRAZY but I haven't been able to do more than that.

When he was talking to me the other night I just couldn't imagine how he COULDN'T see how miserable it's been and how much pain I've been in. But, I guess that's men for you, especially when they've been super busy with other stuff, hence I just haven't complained enough which is really sort of backwards because you'd think with all of the lack of help I've had, I'd have been complaining more but I guess not.

No comments: