Thursday, October 2, 2008

Interesting

So I read this news article yesterday on the wii news system (I'm gonna have to see if I can find it online) about how the world is blaming the US for the a possible world financial crisis. One quote was along of the lines of the US needs to take responsibility for this and things like that. Now for a little disclaimer, I am in no way saying the US is or isn't at fault and this is not about any of my particular views in regards to the matter. It's simply that I made an interesting observation while reading this article. That was that you always hear that the US is too ego-centric, seriously you hear it in regards to so many different aspects of things. But then you read an article like this and the question that begs to be asked is "How can the US NOT be so ego-centric?" As I said I'm not saying we should or shouldn't. It's just that because the US is having financial difficulties the entire world is starting to have problems and blaming the US for all of the problems. They are not holding themselves accountable for their own actions that got them to where they are at (for the most part). Except Europe did say they were a little to blame for following the US's example so much. Still, trying to put the blame there... But, seriously, how can the US NOT be so egocentric?

I don't think I've been very clear at getting my thoughts out and I wish I had that article to refer back to to refresh my memory. I may have to do a better search after reading it again on the wii :) But it just seems to me that all of these other countries blame our actions on the outcome of the entire world's financial system. I just found it funny and ironic, that's all.

No comments: