Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Redefining Normal, Once Again

So, Sunday night when we got home we were pleasantly surprised to find out that Mindy had come for a visit :) It's always nice to see one of my favorite SILs. But then we had horrible news! Grandpa had decided to move back to Delta.

It's been a strain on him being here because he's not used to not working and hasn't been able to find a job yet. We knew he'd been thinking about it but he'd finally decided he was going. Well, him and Mindy just left to head down there :( It's terrible to say that I really wanted him to stay and for purely selfish reasons? He was such a great help while he was here. He picked up after Charity for me, vacuumed, did the dishes, mowed the lawn for Dennis, helped to entertain the kids, would watch Charity on a moment's notice if needed, watched Danielle for me so I could take Charity swimming a couple of times. It was really nice having him around but he feels it's best to move back now, so we had to let him go :(

Well, that leaves us at once again having a major change around and having to figure out what normal is going to be again. What an adventure Danielle has had so far in her short life! lol. I guess we'll just have to see where life takes us after this.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I just had to say that I'm from Delta! has your fil lived there long? did dennis live there?

Sarah Jayne said...

yup, that's where they're from originally.

Amy said...

hmm, small world!