Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Lullaby

I've never really had a song that I sing to Charity at night, none have ever seem to fit right so we've flitted from song to song that caught our fancy. Well, tonight while I was putting her to bed I started making one up. Here's what I've come up with:

Sleep now my child, your mother is near.
Sleep now my child, sleep now my dear.

Sleep now my child, there are stars in the sky.
Sleep now my child, while the moon drifts by.

Sleep now my child, there are wishes to make.
Sleep now my child, and dream 'til you wake.

Sleep now my child, your mother is near.
Sleep now my child, sleep now my dear.

I've got a pretty little melody I was singling along with it. I might add more to it, if I come up with anything else that I like for it!

1 comment:

SarahAnne said...

That's really pretty, Sarah. I love it.