Monday, September 15, 2008

Gaming, Sleeping and Reading

OK, so first off I want to say that Friday night I ended up staying up pretty much all night reading The Host by Stephanie Myers. Silly, silly me for starting to read a book at midnight (might have been later even) especially since I knew once I started I wouldn't be able to read it. I stopped and went to bed about 7:30 in the morning, slept until almost 11. Then spent 4 hours on Saturday finishing it! What on earth was I thinking!?! It was a pretty good book though. I am hoping that it continues into a series since she's not finishing Midnight Sun. It will definitely be interesting to see where it goes if she does turn it into a series. Stephanie Myers is such a good writer. I know I've heard someone say they thought she wasn't very good but she writes in a way that you just CAN'T stop reading. It's been like that for me with every single one of her books, once I've started, I've got to finish. Now, I'll admit that is a strange quirk of mine, once I've started a story I have a need to finish it but it's not quite the same because with her books I HAVE to finish, and I just cannot put it down. So much for catching up on my sleep though.

Dennis accidentally woke me up this morning when he got up for work. Oh, and now Charity just woke up so I'm going to have to finish this later.

1 comment:

Julie@My5monkeys said...

I so understand with her books. If I read a different vampire book I have to read hers to get back to normal. I loved the host too. I'm so an Ian fan. She's a wonderful storyteller.