Monday, June 28, 2010

Flower Middle Names

Ok, so for those of you who haven't noticed I sort of have a theme going on for the middle names of my girls... they're flowers! lol. Charity's middle name is Rose and Danielle's is Lilian (for the Lily). Well, I'm trying to come up with a good flower middle name for this little girl but I just can't seem to find the best one. Here is the list I've come up with so far:

Iris
Jasmine
Azalia
Celandine
Clover
Daffodil
Daisy
Fern
Gardenia
Lala - Bulgarian name meaning Tulip
Laleh - Persian name meaning Tulip
Dahlia
Nasrin - Persian name meaning Wild Rose
Marigold
Poppy
Larkin, for Larkspur...
Violet
Zinnia
Wisteria

Ok, so I know some of these are really out there but I think they're the best ones I've found. There are a LOT of names that are variations or names from another language that mean Rose or Lily but I don't need another Rose or Lily! lol, If you've got any suggestions, feel free to share!

I just have to add, that on one of the sites I just saw it mentioned that Rose was the flower for June so I figured I'd look up the flowers for their months and as odd as this worked out, though Charity was born in May, she was due in June. And then the flowers for May are Hawthorn or Lily of the Valley! I never realized before that their names match the months a bit. lol.... Hmmm.... for this baby though, October's flowers are Calendula or Cosmos, and September's flowers (if baby came early) are Aster or Morning Glory. I'm not sure if I care for any of those but we will have to see, that could be cute to keep it going that way...

No comments: