Saturday, June 5, 2010

Baby Shopping Fun!

So this morning we went yard saling and one of the main things I was looking for was stuff for baby girl! Dennis wanted to know why I kept looking at baby clothes since we should have plenty and I had to tell him that since we had 2 May babies, an October baby requires a little bit of warmer clothes! The girls practically lived in onesies where that won't be quite enough for this baby! So, I got inspired tonight to get on babies r us to create a registry. Just for the fun of it and to keep track of what it is we actually need. (Plus I heard that they give you a 10% discount off anything on your registry after the baby's born that no one bought for you)

So, I figured I'd include my list here. I'm not going to post my registry information simply because it includes our full name and address and such. But here's a list of the things we need for this baby girl:

Swing, we did have one but loaned it out
Baby Monitor, I'd like one with dual receivers, the one we had got worn out so we need a new one.
Activity Gym/Playmat, we didn't have one with either of the girls but I thought they looked fun
Pink/Brown crib sheets, the bedroom is painted tan and a dark/chocolate brown so I'm adding some pink to make it girly :)
Carseat, I realized the one we bought when we had Charity will hit it's expiration next May, the baby will only be 6 months old, so looking for a new infat carseat
Bedding Set, Something brown and pink. I've found several I really like, but ofcourse even the cheap ones cost a bit of money but I don't think I want to put Mom through making everything for me this time since she's got so much going on. I don't know what we'll do, though!
Moby Wrap, I love my ring sling but I'd love to try out one of these this time!
Bathtime stuff like Johnson's Baby Wash and such, I just love that stuff!
Hooded Bath Towels, I have 2 but it never seems like that's enough (especially when the girls are fighting over them! Although really, those are getting way to small for Charity! My tiny Danielle can still use them but I prefer a more substantial towel for even her, lol.
Baby Gate, one with a built in gate so you don't have to try to climb over it
Winter Clothes, after 2 spring baby girls, we're having a fall baby girl, requires a different wardrobe!
Moses Basket, I would LOVE to have one of those!
Crib Pads, I never got these before but I think they could be useful!
Diaper Bag, I don't really NEED a new diaper bag, but I've had the current one since around the time Danielle was born and I'm ready for a change!

Broken down into a list, it doesn't seem like that much stuff but why on earth does it feel so daunting! lol. I'm not sure of what else we actually need (and I know, some of those are wishes and not a need!) but I figure it's good to keep track of those things. I'm all about lists lately, lol. I'll probably do another post later tonight or tomorrow or sometime soon with some links to some of the beddng sets I found that I like. There is a lot of cute stuff out there!

4 comments:

Camey said...

That's about what we need. I have the same problem with girl clothes. Most are just going to have to do. Did you find any cute baby clothes at the garage sales?

Sarah Jayne said...

Yeah, we found some cute clothes. Not very many (and most were sleep sacks, I LOVE those!) but enough to round out the wardrobe a bit.

Unknown said...

Sounds like what you really need is money to buy the baby stuff you need (especially to get great yard sale or online deals) You should check out depositagift.com It's a great resource. I found it on DailyCandy Kids a while back.

Camey said...

You sure you don't want the carseat I have? It is from Nicole. It is light green, so could be used for a girl, especially with the carseat cover.