Thursday, June 10, 2010

To Buy or to Sew

Ok, So I've already posted about the bedding sets that I've found and liked. But do I really want to spend that much money? Or should I just buy some material and sew it all myself? (Or have Mom sew it, though I may help this time :) I just don't know! But here is what I'm thinking of if I decided to sew a bedding set for this baby:

Either do something like the Classics Collection one from JC Penny (that is really pretty) with just Pinks and Browns

or

Use this material: It's Blossom Bear, Blue Jean Teddy's sister. A very popular material from several, several years ago (I spent all morning looking for it, got frustrated, posted about it on facebook, gave up, and then had a friend find the material within minutes! lol)



And then include some dark brown (remember the room is paintd with a tan and a dark brown) and then some pink gingham that matches the checkerboard pattern. Would brown really match though? Laura says it woul since Brown is a neutral color but I'm not convinced yet.

My friend has a little bit of this material that she's using to make me a car seat cover for winter time (goes over the car seat to keep the wind out) and I might have to see if I can borrow it to take it to the store or something to hold it next to a chocolatey brown color to see if it really would work. I think it might clash with the brown on the bear but I'm not sure.... Thoughts?

Oh, and I figured I'd mention I can find the JoJo Pink Bears one on ebay for the same or less than what it would cost me to buy the material to make my own of either of the others...

No comments: