Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

We'd promised Dennis' family we would visit during June and I figured that camping would be a lot of fun when we went down. We thought about going the weekend of the 12th since our Ward was having an activity on the 18th and this next weekend would be our last weekend before our big trip but that weekend ended up to have terrible weather so we put it off to Father's Day Weekend. I was a bit sad to miss the ward party (I heard it was a LOT of fun!) but we had a good time and the girls really enjoyed it. Though I think Dusty might have had more fun then the rest of us! I don't think he knew what to do with nature, lol.

Dennis' dad went camping with us and though we had bought him a game for Father's Day he said the best Father's Day present he got was to get to go camping :) The only problem for us, it didn't last nearly long enough! We'd have liked to stay one more day but needed to get back for church. We figure that since we're going to need a sub for 2 weeks we should be there that Sunday. Which reminds me, I really need to get on that whole finding a sub thing...

But as for the camping trip. It was lots of fun! The girls got extremely dirty, loved roasting marshmellows (and eating them too!) and going for walks in the woods. It really was an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to getting to go again in the near future! We're hoping to go camping at least once a month this summer!

No comments: