Monday, October 19, 2009

More Android Info

Dennis says I've been obsessed with android phones coming to verizon for months now. And, he's probably right :) But here is some more information on the Motorola Droid, just for my mom. Since this morning, she asked me if I got the phone already since I've been posting so much android stuff lately. lol. Nope, not yet, rumored to either be officially announced and/or telesales to begin Oct. 30. But here is some more information and links for everyone!

Now, here is some of the good stuff! Droiddoes.com. It redirects you to a site on verizon.com! On here, you can sign up with your e-mail address to receive updates and more information, so far all I've gotten is the confirmation e-mail from the sign-up! I can't wait for more info though! There is also a countdown timer that is suppose to end at Midnight on Oct. 29 (so the beginning of Oct. 30). It's still speculated as to whether that's the release of the phone or if it's the official announcement of the phone.

The phone also got it's first commercial Saturday night during a football game. Luckily, lots of people caught video of it and posted it to youtube. It's still being debated who paid for the commercial since there is no Verizon logo, motorola logo, google logo or anything else in it. But it does have the link to the Verizon Droid page. The commercial is very similar to what's shown on the droiddoes.com as well.

Over at Phandroid.com they just renamed their rumored phone overview of the Sholes to the Motorola Droid.

Boy Genius Report has a copy of the phone and just posted a whole gallery full of pictures.

Here's the most recent thread I've been watching at Howard Forums:Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource. This is just a bunch of people speculating on the phone specs, release date, how they think it looks, stuff like that.

Now here is some information rumored for this phone that I'm excited about:
*comes with a 8gb sd card
*comes with a docking charger that turns it into a cool multimedia display
*slide-out keyboard, as well as a soft-keyboard (software, touch screen)
*Google Experience
*Android 2.0,
*5mpg camera, plus flash, face recognition, and a rumored night mode
*facebook app
*so many other apps available (the star constellation one! and so many others)
*Much better contacts list then I'm use to!
*Google Voice
*Only 1/2 an inch thick
*3.5mm headset jack
*wifi, bluetooth, usb2.0

Here's what I'm hoping it has that hasn't been leaked:
*fingerprint analysis in the middle of the D-pad
*fm tuner
*MUCH larger SD card available in future

Downsides:
*smartphone so requires the $30 smartphone plan :(
*marketed as an iphone killer. Really? Who cares, though I do like the commercial.
*not shown to have a dedicated number row on the keyboard
*the lock phone option seems a bit tedious
*Motorola, I'm really hoping since it's a google device it's not the same as their others that I've hated, I just really haven't cared for any motorola handset in the past (though they are my dad's favorite)

Well, there is much more info out there but I'm out of time so here you go! I'm sure there will be more to come in the weeks ahead!
All photos are from http://www.boygeniusreport.com

No comments: