Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Google Voice

So, a few weeks ago I decided to investigate to see what this Google Voice was that I was hearing so much about. So, after reading about I decided I wanted it! (Note to those who live nearby, we now have a local number!)

What is google voice you might ask? Well, it's a number assigned to you by Google Voice that when called rings to whichever numbers you have set up under it. Make sense? So, you can call our Google Voice number and it can then ring to both D's and my cell phones. How cool is that? Part of their advertising and explanation of it is saying so that if your work number changes, or your cell phone, or home number you won't have to update people onto the changes. (I know some people I know who would love that!) Well, I like simply because it means we could get a local number without having to change our cell phone numbers! No more will people be telling us they tried calling and our number was disconnected! We live in an area that has the same area code as D's cell phone, but it's not a local number but people don't realize that and try calling it without the area code). So, I'm excited and then in the future if we ever move, we can easily change our google voice number to a local number for where ever that is if we feel like it and we'll never have to change our cell phone numbers. I really like that because I've had my cellphone number for almost 10 years now and D has had his for a little over 7 so we don't want to change them. Anyway, have I gone on long enough now about Google Voice now? Onto some Droid talk...

So, after all the anticipation, excitement, and obsession over the new Android powered phone coming to Verizon Wireless, I don't think I'm going to be getting it :( D may have the opportunity to do a project at work that can be used for his school project and wouldn't need it anymore. It requires an extra data plan each month in order to even have the phone on the account and where it's not something that I NEED we're finding it hard to justify the extra expense, not to mention D thinks I spend too much time online lately as it is! (And he might be right!). So, sorry for putting all of you through my Droid Obsession ;) But hey, maybe sometime in the future, right? In the meantime, I do need a new cellphone soon, so what cellphone do you have and why do you like it? Help me come up with some new options!

No comments: