Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oregon Trip, Day 8

Dennis and I wanted a chance to go out on a date while we were in Oregon. Nothing was planned for this Thursday so we decided to take advantage of the day and go for our date. In Crescent City, about an hour away is an aquarium called Ocean World. Laura and Kevin were also wanting to go out on a date so we decided to double. :)


Dennis jet skiing, it may be the closest he ever gets to a real one! lol. Just outside the aquarium.

Laura and I petting a shark at Ocean World.
All of us inside a Great White! AHHHHHHHHHH! lol.

They have a seal show at the end of the tour of the Aquarium. Here's a picture of Cora, one of their seals jumping out of the water.

This picture was taken in the bathroom there. It had a really cool mural painted on the wall! Me, 26 weeks pregnant!

After the aquarium we headed back to Brookings and ended up deciding to go out to dinner at a restaraunt called O'Hallagons, or something like that. It was a restaraunt my Mom worked at when my parents lived in Brookings! The food was pretty good though a tad on the expensive side. Dennis and I had considered getting lobster for me to try since we're right there on the coast, but changed our minds after we heard the price! lol... Though all they served was Australian lobster so it's not like it would have been fresh lobster anyway.

So, no one around there had ever heard of Fry Sauce and Kevin had asked for some Mayonnaise and Ketchup to make his own. Well, the hostess tried to convince him to try Horseradish Sauce on his French Dip Sandwich. So, without realizing it when she brought it to him, before the mayonnaise arrived, he started mixing it in with his ketchup! I burst out laughing, it was so funny! I'm not even sure he would have realized so we all had a good laugh about it, although I think they partly were laughing at how hard I was laughing! I just couldn't get over how funny it was! lol.

After dinner we needed to stop by the store so we went to the store and I decided if you put a group of almost 30 year olds together, they can be just as bad as teenagers! lol.

Overall, it was a really fun day. There were so many other things we would have liked to do as well, if only we'd had another week or more to do it all! lol!

No comments: