Monday, July 26, 2010

Miserable

I'll admit it, I'm completely miserable right now. The dentist told me to take tylenol to help combat the pain that my tooth may have until my root canal so I have been BUT that tooth has barely hurt at all. Somehow, I don't know if the infection was spread somehow or what, but I have a tooth on the OTHER side of my mouth that is killing me. I didn't take tylenol tonight before bed and I woke up in just terrible pain. I took some tylenol but it's taking a little while to kick in. I don't understand, why is the other side hurting SO much when it didn't have problems before!?! He checked that side and the teeth that need fillings hadn't changed so, it's not like they should be that far gone to cause this much pain, right? Seriously, it's just ridiculous and if I end up needing a root canal on that side too after he checked them to make sure I didn't I'm just going to complain and complain and complain. (Do you know how much a root canal costs!?! It's crazy! I wish we'd just done the fillings last year instead of waiting until this year, it would have been a lot cheaper) I hate being pregnant...

In addition to that, my sunburn which I got 3 weeks ago, while isn't painful any more, it's mostly gone, itches! Itches, itches and itches! I'm constantly trying to scratch, and it's mostly right in that area of my back that I can't reach so it's driving me crazy. Believe it or not, occassionally it itches so badly that it hurts. Shouldn't I be over a sunburn by now!?! Seriously. I hate being pregnant...

I blame pregnancy. I do NOT heal well while pregnant. To illustrate, I have a scar on my wrist from a scratch that I got 2 1/2 months ago almost. A scratch! No blood, just a scratch. It will disappear by 6 months or so AFTER I have the baby. I had the same thing happen during both of my other pregnancies. Simple things that should be no problem, and normally would heal quickly without complaint just don't. I got a scratch on my heel from a stick while walking through a field shortly after I found out I was pregnant with Charity and I had that scar for almost a year after she was born before it disappeared. So, major teeth problems with very little healing capabilities (oh joy for the next few weeks....), a leftover sunburn that is driving me crazy, and 2 1/2 more months of pregnancy...

And the pregnancy aches and pains are only going to get worse from this point on :( I know this little girl will all be worth it in the end, but can it be the end yet? Only 2 1/2 more months... I can survive that, right?

Well, on a good note, though it's the middle of the night and I've decided to sleep in the recliner... though I may give the bed another try, my toothache has been quieted and I'm tired so maybe I can get some sleep now and be not quite so miserable in the morning!

No comments: