Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Owies! and Stairs!

Ok, so anyone who knows me, knows that I'm terrible with stairs! Seriously, so many people joke about it! Luckily though, I've never gotten hurt, not really, that is until yesterday. :( And even that one I thought I had escaped any real hurt!

So, we had put the gate up at the bottom of the stairs to keep Dusty (our lab/collie mix puppy) from going downstairs unsupervised to poop. Working great by the way! Anyway, the girls had left a blanket on the last few stairs and I was going down to go help Charity with something and not paying enough attention when I slipped on the second to last or last stair and my foot came down HARD on the metal bar on our gate. It's one of those you attach that has a built in gate you can swing open. Owie!!! It hurt a lot. But after a little while the pain had mostly subsided and I was completely fine walking around on it, no complaints.

Well, then last night I fell asleep on the couch watching tv and in the middle of the night I wake up because I keep dreaming that my foot is just on fire with pain. Only, I finally wake up enough to realize it's not a dream. My foot is seriously in some pain! I ended up crawling upstairs to get in bed. But it still hurt so much I couldn't sleep. So, I woke Dennis up to check it out. Maybe a tiny little bit of swelling practically non existant and other than that it looked fine! I got him to give me a couple of tylenol and it had been really cold downstairs so I had him microwave the hot bag thing too so I could put that on my foot and I was finally able to go back to sleep.

Wake up this morning, it doesn't hurt at all! But slowly as the day went by, the more I used my foot the more it hurt. I got to rest it for a couple of hours this evening and it's still got a small throb but it is pretty cold right now. I'm hoping it will be completely better by tomorrow because I haven't been to the gym in over a week and a half and I don't want to miss it again tomorrow! That and if can't manage to make it out of the house tomorrow I will NEVER hear the end of it from Charity! So, everyone, let's hope my foot gets feeling better.

And hey, atleast this time it's not one of the girls with an Owie! Though Danielle did skin up her ankle a little bit last night and we have no idea how that happened! Seriously, how do they get so many bumps and bruises a mom can't account for? Aren't we suppose to know all!?!

No comments: