Friday, February 12, 2010

ChaCha pay

Well, the pay turned out to be even worse for January the it had been for December! I was using December's pay as a baseline to try to figure out how much I'd be making but see how it works...

There is a set of amount of money called the Guide Share Pool and then as we answer questions througout the month we get so many points per question. At the end of the money the money is divided up based on the points that everyone had. For the December pool the points had been worth about .7 cents each, almost 1.5 cents a question for me (as an Expeditor I get 2 points per question). Well, January's payout was announced and it turned out to be only worth a little over .4 cents for each point! That makes each question not even worth a penny! I was hoping for almost twice as much as I got (I didn't have a lot of points for Januaray anyway so it wasn't much) but's it's a little disheartening to see the work count for so little! Of course each month the payout will be different so there's no way of knowing what February's points will be worth. Here's to hoping they're worth a bit more! If the payout continues to decrease or stays that low, it may not be worth being a guide for long.

No comments: