Monday, August 2, 2010

Spent some time at Instacare tonight...

First off I want to say I'm so thankful for a wonderful neighbor and friend who I can call on in emergencies!

I was doing something on the computer when I heard Charity start screaming from the living room. She'd been jumping from the couch to the bean bag. We have the bean bag right in front of the window. Somehow she'd managed to turn around and fall and hit her head on the window sill hard enough to gash it open.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on with Dennis upset over all the blood and Charity just sobbing. Poor girl. We got her in the bathroom and I held a wet rag to the back of her head until we got the bleeding to stop. Once we were able to examine the wound well enough I decided it was big enough we'd better take her to have it looked at. I wasn't sure if she'd need stitches or something but it was like an inch long. So, I called over to Tiffany's to see if the could watch Danielle while we took Charity to the instacare. She came right over and got Danielle and we left.

It didn't take them long to get Charity back to be examined. And the doctor ended up determining that she was going to need a couple of staples. We opted to not worry about the local anestetic since he said it was a very painful shot and there would only be a couple of staples put in. Well, he ended up only needing to do one staple and Charity didn't even complain a bit about it! Ofcourse we rewarded her for being so brave by letting her get some new shoes and a coloring book. lol, I think she was working on taking full advantage of Mommy and Daddy feeling bad for her.... As long as she doesn't concoct ways to get hurt to get special treatment all the time, I was ok with it!

So, we have to take her back in a week to get the staple removed. My poor girl, Dennis said she's trying to catch up to her cousin Spencer on visiting the doctor! lol

No comments: