Saturday, August 21, 2010

Baby Costs

Ugh. It's amazing how much a third child can cost you! With our first, we were either able to find most of what we needed at a discount or had people give it to us. Got our crib from DH's sister, my parents found us a stroller at the DI or a yard sale for cheap, given lots and lots of clothes, got the swing at a consignment store, found a cheap baby monitor... I did insist on a specific pack 'n play so that wasn't cheap, but overall we didn't have to spend all that much money. Or maybe it just felt like it because we started preparing soon after finding out I was pregnant. With Danielle, we had pretty much everything we needed, all I insisted on was a bouncy seat because we'd never gotten one of those with Charity even though I'd wanted one.

This time, though I posted about figuring out what we needed, because of how busy and crazy life has been we are now down to less than 2 months to go (if she comes as early as Charity did, a little less than 5 weeks!) and we haven't gotten anything! Well, until this last weekend. But for this third one we needed a bunch of stuff because after 4 1/2 years, it's all worn out, broken, or gone now. Last weekend we did manage to find a swing at a Consignment store here in town so instead of spending a ton of money on a new one we got one for relatively cheap, and we also found a playmat and a monitor. So that has helped out some. I also found some warm baby clothes to round out the wardrobe for the baby. Going from 2 spring babies to a fall baby definitely calls for some warmer clothes!

BUT Dennis went to put up the crib and discovered that sometime in the last while when it was stored a piece got broke and so we can't use it :( Cribs are expensive, and we've never had to buy one before. So, added onto the fact that I wanted to get a bassinet for our room this time. And found one that I absolutely LOVE and insist on wanting that one, (There's always something each time I get my heart set on it seems) now we're trying to figure out what to do about a crib. :( Dennis is leaning towards simply not getting one and just setting up the pack 'n play in the babies room (which reminds me, I need to figure out where that is!) but then I can't use the bedding set I bought since you can't put the dust ruffle and stuff on the pack 'n play! Though, after browsing at a Babies 'R Us this weekend, I want a mini crib now since it converts to a frame for a twin size bed later on. I think we'd get more use out of it overall. But, the cheapest one of those cost more than the cheapest regular crib so who knows what we're going to do! But we need to figure it out!

Our carseat has gotten too old so we have to get a new one of those, that we haven't gotten yet, and even the cheapest ones aren't cheap! I've picked out which one I want, (not THE cheapest but just about) but we're gonna have to buy it online cuz Walmart doesn't have it in store, unless we want to drive to a Baby's R Us and spend more money on it. Grrr, but it is such a pain!

Dennis is now worried his wife is trying to take him on an expensive shopping spree since I'm trying to finish up getting everything we need. It's not my fault he's insisted we wait until near the very end to get everything! I've been trying to convince him for months we need to start looking and getting the stuff we need! In the meantime, I've got to get the hospital bags packed so we're ready and still have so much other stuff to do! It's just so frustrating trying to get everything ready!

No comments: