Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Zumba Frustrations

Have you heard of Zumba? My local gym has classes and it's the one that I try not to miss because it is so much fun! I LOVE Zumba! However, I almost walked out 1/2 way through yesterday because I was frustrated so badly! Since school let out the Zumba class seems to have almost tripled in size and there is not a lot of room. Last week I was a little late to class because Becca had a blow out diaper on the way to the gym that I had to take care of once we got there and I jumped into a spot that looked plenty big enough but the girl behind me kept crowding up and making me feel like I'd imposed on her space and I felt bad! Then when my friend who had been behind this same girl was complaining about how cramped it was back there because this girl was constantly in front of her I wondered how that could be since she was constantly right behind me, or cramming up right next to me and I was sure there'd been enough space! So I was worried it was my fault and felt bad.

Yesterday confirmed that it was NOT my fault. I was to class early and I had stood in front of my friend and we were talking and just as class was about the begin this girl was standing right next to me, and I mean right next. Now for Zumba, you need a little bit of room for dancing because we kick and swing our arms and move around a bit. Well, through out the course of the next hour I came to realize that this girl must have no spatial awareness at all! Because she was all over the place, she'd be right next to me then in the row in front of her and just all over the place. It was so frustrating. There were times where at the beginning of a song I'd be standing in my spot and once again she would come and stand just in front and to the side of me, way too close. Agh! At one point, I even moved to the line in front of us because she was back and there was room up there to move and that didn't help either. If she was standing right near me (and I mean right near me, definitely inside my bubble) then she was standing halfway between the two lines and just all over the place. It was so frustrating. Next week, I'm moving somewhere else in the room and letting some one else deal with her.

ETA: Sorry if this post sounds a little bit harsh. It was just that frustrating that I almost left the class rather than deal with it and Zumba is the thing that I LOVE at the gym. It's my #1 reason for going.

1 comment:

Camey said...

I think it is too crowded too! This one girl was so rude to me once. She bumped into me and would scowl!