Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rapunzel

One last post for the day and then I'm done, for another month or so :), I promise! lol! Charity LOVES Rapunzel. She makes up stories about her and talk about her a lot and it's really cute, except for when she starts telling me that I'm not her Mommy, Rapunzel is... But so anyway, Charity went to a birthday party this week that had a Rapunzel theme and at the party they painted, since Rapunzel loves to paint. Her friends' Mom told me that Charity kept telling them she was an artist. As for just about any 5 years old drawing, an explanation is a helpful thing. For those of who have seen the movie, you'll love it; for those of you who haven't, I'll explain in a minute. So, here is the picture she painted:


That's Rapunzel standing with her flower, and the Orange thing is the door to the lights. (Why did she think she needed a door? I don't know) And all the white things are the lights! And she came up with this idea all on her own! I am so impressed!

Now for those who haven't seen the movie, Rapunzel is a princess that was kidnapped by an evil witch when she was a baby for her magic hair. Every year on her birthday the kingdom she was kidnapped from releases lanterns thousands of paper lanterns up into the sky. And Rapunzel grew up seeing the lanterns every year on her birthday and dreamed of getting to see the "lights" one day close up. Which is why she ends up leaving her tower and .... yeah, you'll have to watch the movie for more but the lights play a key role.

Anyway, I'm impressed with my little artist :)

No comments: