Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Little Update on Us

It seems I haven't been very good at blogging lately, of course, it's hard to type while holding a baby! Though I have so many pictures from the last few months that I haven't gotten a chance to post. Perhaps I should make it my goal for July to get caught up with blogging? LOL. We'll see how that goes!

We're all very excited around here because Laura and her kids are coming to visit and they'll be here tomorrow!!! Yay!!! Charity keeps asking when Aurora is going to get here and she's been counting down the days.

Other than that, we've been working on getting the side of our house ready to put in a fence, though now it looks like that may not happen until next year because the neighbors want to postpone it. We needed to move our stone path over a bit so all of those are pulled up and it's just dirt now so I need to get that done. We also have some bushes in the front yard that need pulled up and replaced cuz they died (I didn't like those ones anyway), and a lot of weeding needs to be done in the next few weeks! It's such a busy time of year now that it's started to warm up and isn't raining constantly. Yeah, who knew April's showers would come the end of May and in June? lol! It's been nice to delay the heat for a while though, but hopefully it sticks around for a while. The garden needs it!

That's right, I also started a garden! It's not very big just 4x8 feet but it's a start and we'll see how it goes. The lettuce needs to start being picked and replanted and then there are some pea pods on our pea plants already! Yay!!! My melons finally sprouted (I planted some watermelon and some cantaloupe, we'll see if they eventually take over, but I worried for quite a while they weren't going to make it. My carrots are growing like weeds, but my corn hasn't done so well, I only had 3 sprout, 1 died almost immediately and a second one seems to have died as well, then the neighbors cat dug up the 3rd! But I've replanted him so we'll see if he makes it but even then, we won't have any corn with only 1 stalk.

That cat LOVES to use my garden as a litter box and it's driving me crazy! The carrots I planted in 3 nice rows and he's messed in that side so much that they are all over the place! Some lettuce came up in between the beans and I've got a melon in the midst of the lettuce! Grrrr!

In other news we ended up moving the bedrooms around a bit. We set the loft bed back up, but we put it in Rebecca's room with the queen bed and then moved the crib in the girls' room with one twin bed so now Charity is in that room and the pink and purple room is Danielle's and Rebecca's. They actually go to bed a lot better when they are in separate rooms.

Hmmm, what else has happened? Oh, I finally got our family pictures hung up on the wall over the stairs in the Kitchen!!! Yay! Ok, I mean I got Dennis to do it :) He doesn't like holes in the wall, so I make him put them there... ha ha ha ha! I'll try to take pictures and post, I'm so excited about it! But I do need to get some pictures in the frames still.

Well, the kids are fighting and driving me nuts so I guess I'd better go wrangle them and make them behave. I have so much stuff I need to get done around the house to get ready for visitors!

No comments: