Friday, April 23, 2010

Shopping Fun!

So, there is this Award's Banquet Ceremony Dinner thing that Dennis' work does once a year called Spirit of Excellence. It's a semi-formal event held in the Grand America Ballroom in Salt Lake City! And Dennis got invited to it again this year! Yay!

So, I needed to go dress shopping! I don't remember if I wrote about this last year or not but he got invited last year and I didn't bother trying on my dress until that night because I was planning on wearing the dress I'd worn for my Twin's Wedding... Well, um, 2 babies later, that dress did NOT fit! And I had nothing semi-formalish to wear! So, I ended up wearing a pretty dress that I had for Church and feeling very dressed down the whole evening :( I was not going to let that happen this year!

Well, I'm up in Cache Valley this week visiting my Parents because Dennis work and school work week was going to be crazy and we'd have been lucky to see him at all this week so I decided while I was up here and near some good stores I needed to do some shopping! So, yesterday I took Mom and the Girls and we headed to Logan for some fun girl time :) First we stopped and had lunch at Cafe Rio with Dad, he'd driven down as well cuz he needed to do some shopping, but he didn't want to ride with us! lol. Then us girls headed to the Mall. I'd first wanted to stop by Motherhood Maternity because I was going to need a new maternity swimsuit and since we were right there I wanted to go there first. Well, while we were there I saw they had these great yoga pants I'd heard about that have a turn-down waist and I'm planning on heading back to the gym so I figured maybe I should get me some workout clothes as well (since I'd never gotten anything like tha with my other pregnancies) So, I was trying on a few things of clothes and Mom was sitting outside the dressing room helping we watch the girls. Who, were actually mostly in the dressing room trying to "help" Mommy. They really loved the belly pillow thing Maternity has for you to use to try on clothes. lol.

So, when I was just about done trying on the things I'd found, Mom started telling the sales lady who was helping us that I needed a semi-formal dress and did they have anything? I'd already looked around the store and hadn't seen anything that looked like it would work so I didn't think they did. Well, ladies, apparently sometimes you have to ask! They had a bunch of nicer dresses they keep in the back I guess and she went and rounded some up for me to try on! And I found one! And the great thing is that even though it's Maternity it looks nice now, and I could even wear it when I'm not pregnant so if he gets invited again next year, I'm set! Yay! I love the dress! It was so nice cuz I figured we were going to have to be shopping all day to try to find something that would work (especially since I had to take into account 2 weeks of tummy growth!) and it was an excellent price too! I must say, I remember Motherhood Maternity being really expensive and while they did have some pretty expensive stuff in there, the things that I bought (such as the yoga pants, only $20!) and the swimsuite (only $35! I think I paid $70 last time!) and the dress were really REALLY good prices! So I'm just thrilled. I ended up spending $230 (I know, more than I should have spent but stuff I'll use!) and I walked out of there with 2 great big shopping bags and lots of stuff! I got 2 yoga pants, 2 t-shirts, the fancy dress, another dress that was just too cute on me to pass up, 2 bras, a belly band, some preggo pops to try, and a new swimsuit. Was that all? I think there might have been more than that but my preggo brain is blocking out my memory. lol. So, yay once my belly really pops I'll still be able to go to the gym and be comfy doing it! And I'm all set for the dinner!

I'm just so excited! And another great thing about the night of the dinner is that it marks the almost completion of Dennis' school! He has his last part of his project due in one class the following Monday and that's it!!!!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for him to be done with his Master's Degree and to have him home! We're going to have so much fun this summer! It'll be the first time Daddy hasn't had a class to work on since I got pregnant with Danielle!!!! I can't wait!!!!

No comments: