Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Playing Hooky

So, Dennis had to work everyday this last weekend. (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) We barely saw him :( So, on Monday morning when he slept in, I hoped he was planning on taking the day off. Even though I knew it was possible he was going to have to leave on a business trip that day... They didn't decided until the very last minute that the other guy was going so he didn't have to fly out that morning.

Well, I tried to convince him to play hooky and have us figure out something fun to do and go play that day cuz we all missed him so much. But, he had stuff at work that he needed to do so he got ready and went. Well, after he'd been at work for an hour or so (and got done the critical stuff he needed to do) He called me and told me to get the girls ready and to come pick him up, we'd go to the zoo! Yay, he was gonna play hooky with us!

So, I got ready to go and got the girls ready and we picked him up on our way and we went to the zoo! I've got to say the Zoo is very tiring, but he says I can't complain since it was my idea! lol, not sure if we'll be going back this pregnancy or not! But it was a lot of fun even if I was very sore and tired afterwards! (Ok, done complaining :)

Danielle hadn't really been to the zoo since around her birthday last year (yes, we went to the zoo in AZ but didn't really get to see much of the animals) and it was SO much fun watching her reaction to the animals and Charity absolutely loved it. Poor girl though, I let her wear her princess shoes to the zoo and the broke almost right after we got there and I hadn't brought any others so she had to ride in the stroller the entire time, even though she wanted to walk around! It was a really fun day though and I know that I enjoyed getting to spend time with Dennis and I know that the girls did too. I'm so looking forward to getting to do more things together here in a few weeks!

Oh yeah, and then after the Zoo we went by Toys 'R Us to get some ideas for birthday presents because we have birthdays coming up in less than a month! Charity is easy, she's told us what she wants! Danielle is easy to please but that makes it hard to pick! lol. And if you wanna hear something really cute, ask Charity what she wants, it's so funny to hear her list it off.

(She wants Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure Chest (yes, she says the whole name but I don't know why she added Chest to the end!), Princess and the Frog, Toy Story, and a new bike) We let her try out a bike at the store and she did so great with it, and we are really looking forward to her excitement about it on her birthday!

And if anyone is wondering, I think we're going to have a combined family party for the girls the weekend between their birthdays... Cake and icecream! Might have to do popsicles instead though since Danielle doesn't care for ice cream it seems! Atleast, not until there's 2 bites left and she can steal the last of it from Grandpa :)

No comments: