Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gone Missing

I know, I know, I've gone missing again!

Today I'm going to be thankful for food bank and food assistance programs and the important role they play. I went to visit my parents yesterday (to make Pasties! YUMMY) and then today was the Mobile Food Pantry. Not to boast or anything, but MY MOM is like the food lady of Preston and she helps with all of that. Just as an FYI if you're in Preston and need food, talk to my mom.

Well, today I got to go visit my Mom while she was helping at the Mobile Food Pantry and see all the people they were able to help. I was also able to load up one of the boxes with the food and got to carry one of them and it was heavy but it made me really appreciate the fact that there are resources out there to help and to provide that for families who need it. As my dad said, every little bit helps.

Growing up, my mom always taught us kids to not take anything without giving something back. We were on the poor side and got free lunch at school so Laura and I always volunteered to help serve food. (Do schools still do that, by the way?) And we had some of the neatest experiences doing that! And helping out with the Food Bank and the Mobile Food Pantry and volunteering for SEICCA has been some of the ways that my mom has given back. I'm so proud of her for all that she does and so happy that there are people like her who are willing to help!

Anyway, it was just a really neat experience today :)

Go here for more information about the Idaho Food Bank and about the Preston Community Food Pantry.

No comments: