Monday, November 2, 2009

Thankful Challenge Day 1

I've decided for the month of November, until Thanksgiving to challenge myself to each day make a list of things that I am Thankful for. I didn't come up with it until today so we're starting on Nov. 2! But, today's is a list of people that I'm thankful for because they have influenced my life for the better, one way or another.

1. My Mom - How can she NOT influence anyone's life for the better?
2. My Dad - He's always been there and willing to help. And he gave me my love for computers :)
3. A Primary teacher in WA. Laura and I were somewhere between 6-8. I don't remember her name or any real specifics of why but I believe she was one of our primary teachers when we lived in WA and she was one of the kindest most loving people I've ever known and she was a great example
4. An Achievement or Activity Days leader, (whatever the equivalent was 15 or so years ago)
5. Several of my Young Women's leaders. Or most of them! But to name a few, Sister Boyack, Sister Sharp, and Sister Castleton. They were great inspirations and you knew they truly cared for you. They taught me a lot and I appreciated all their hard work, love and support!
6. A neighbor (Bro. Webb) who helped out my family several times when we needed it. I'm not sure I could ever show my appreciation for the things he's done.
7. My friend Sam, she's always been there for me and even though we live way too far apart she's always some one I can talk to and I know we're friends forever!
8. My friend Tiffany, when Dennis and I moved into our house, the one thing I had really been praying for was one of those types of friends who lived right next door that you talked to everyday, shared things with, could count on, you know the kind I'm talking about? Well, I figured it was a bit too much to ask for but Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers and he gave me Tiffany, right next door :)
9. Should I make my last person for this post Dennis? Maybe tomorrow I'll do a post on all the things I'm thankful for about my dear sweet husband, but I could never have enough time or space to finish it! He is such a wonderful person and I am so thankful to have him in my life.

Most of these are from when I was younger and not a grown-up but there have been many people in my adult life who have also had a huge impact on me!

No comments: