Saturday, June 13, 2009

Free Water or Soda?

So, when did water stop being free? I remember back in the day when at a restaurant/fast food place you could order a water, no questions asked and they'd give you some water to drink! How things have changed...

So, today we went shopping a little late and were starving by the time we were done so my awesome husband (who NEVER wants to eat out) asked me where I'd like to go to get something to eat. So, I was nice to him and picked Carl's Jr. Lately, I drink water, I prefer water... Weird, I know. So, I wanted a large cup of water with my food to drink. The lady said she'd have to charge us for the cup. That's fine, most places will occasionally charge you for the cup whatever. Well, our whole order ended up being a couple dollars more than we expected so we looked at the receipt to see what was up and they didn't just charge me for the cup, they charged me for a large drink! So, everyone, I guess now the soda's free and you're just paying for the cup! I told them I wanted a lemonade instead of the water. I figured if I was getting charged the price, might as well as get what I was paying for. Anyway, that was my rant for the day. Now I've got to go convince a little girl it's bedtime :)

No comments: