Monday, May 11, 2009

To get a dog or Not... and other happenings.

So... yeah... it's been a while again... I'm not sure why I've been so bad at blogging since I got home from my trip... Maybe it's cuz I still need to spend hours working on my big post about the trip... I finally got some pictures uploaded to the computer yesterday. lol. I'd better get into gear. The trip was almost 2 months ago now! Wow, how time flies. It was so much fun.

Anyway, for the last week or so I've been trying to convince Dennis we should get a dog but it hasn't worked yet. I just think the girl's would LOVE having a dog. (I know, very weird for me the cat lover but we've tried having a cat and it hasn't worked) and Charity loves dogs as long as they're properly introduced and yeah, Danielle thinks she loves dog kisses...

Other than that we've been doing a lot getting ready for all the birthdays around here. My baby is turning 1 tomorrow! Wow, last night I was thinking back on a year ago at this time and it's amazing how life changes and how quickly it goes. I've been trying to figure out if we're going to do birthday parties together or seperate ro what we're going to do and I think we decided last night. We're going to have a small celebration each night of their actual birthday and then a big party for both of them with family and friends this weekend. Oh yeah, Charity turns 3 in a week! See, time really does go by fast! So, to all of our friends who might be reading this, party on Saturday!

This last Friday night we went to a work dinner for Dennis' work. It was for the Spirit of Excellence award. All of the people who had worked on a project that had won some sort of an award were invited. Grandpa came and babysat for us since ti was an adults only event. It was so much fun! I had such a great time. They had a live band playing and the food was set up buffet style with food stations all over. It was in the ballroom at The Grand America hotel (huge room!). It was a lot of fun we got to sit and chat with some friends that I haven't seen in a long time. And I got to meet some of his other work friends. It was an enjoyable evening that ended all too soon.

Well, now you have what's been going on lately. I'll try to write more again soon and not wait so long!

2 comments:

Camey said...

I say don't get a dog. We have 2 and they are a lot of work and a lot of money! Lol. I love my dogs and wouldn't give them up, but they are as much work if not more than my kids at times!

Randy and Sarah said...

You should so get a dog. They do not cost that much money. Give them some food, water, an occasional dog toy, and most of all lots of LOVE and they will be the best friend you ever had. WE got ours because we were having difficulty getting pregnant and he filled the shoes really well. I only wish we had a larger back yard so that we could gete him a play mate for when we are not home. You can not go wrong with a dog. They will love and protect the whole family and they are verey tolorant, atleaste when they are trained. good luck talking him into it.