Sunday, February 22, 2009

Well, it's happened again...

Grandpa has moved back to Delta. He went to visit this weekend and was able to find a temporary job so he's moved in with one of Dennis' siblings for now. He's also hoping to find a job at a local fast food place so this may be a permenant move back. (though it's possible he'll be back again within a few months) Honestly though, the biggest reason he chose to accept this temporary job and move back is to be closer to grandma. He feels that she's been glad to see him the last couple of times he's come down and it's given him hope that they can mend things up. I really think he's seeing things that aren't there and getting his hopes up but at the same time I hope he's right so he's not disappointed again. And if he's able to find a permanant job that would be wonderful! Although he'd just gotten a lead on a possible job here in town that would most likely pay more than fast food but he feels this is the right decision for him.

My only problem though with him moving in and out is Charity. She got so attached to grandpa when he moved in the first time and then had a hard time adjusting to his absence after he moved out. Charity doesn't yet realize he's moved out, she knows he came and left today but doesn't understand. She was just starting to get it sorted out when he moved back in. I really hope I'm able to help her cope better this time. When he first moved back in she sort of kept her distance and wasn't nearly as social with him as she had been before and she's just started to get really attached to him again so it could be rough. But this upcoming week or weekend we may go for a visit to my parents since my best friend had her baby last week! (no guarantees mom and dad! It's only a maybe!) So that might help her out and then in a couple of weeks we leave for our big trip so maybe if I am able to keep her busy enough she'll do better. Sorry I may have to neglect blogging for a while though. So if you don't hear from me, that is why. Oh and I never did get around to posting pictures so I'll try to do that within the next few days!

No comments: