Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Weekend in Review

Where to start? Well, I guess friday morning is a good place :) Danielle had her 9-month Well Child Checkup on friday. She was 27 1/4" and weighed 15lbs 13oz. She's slowly been going down percentiles her whole life so the doctor wants us to take her back in for a weight check in 6 weeks instead of waiting until a year. My poor tiny girl. I think she actually put on more weight from 6-9 months than Charity did (9 months has also been her lowest percentile age) but I don't know how much she weighed at 4 months or 6 months! I didn't write it down anywhere and I can't remember :( so if I told anyone and you happen to remember, feel free to clue me in! lol. The rest of that day was rather uneventful. I was suppose to take Charity around to deliver her Valentine's but I never got around to... still haven't, oops! Maybe that would be a good activity for today!!!

On Valentine's Day, Dennis (along with help from his Dad! lol) blew up a bunch of balloons and he left them all over the living room floor. He also had got some colored paper and cut out some hearts and left them laying all over as well. Charity was so cute! For the last few family home evenings we've had heart cut outs as part of the lesson. So Saturday morning, she picks up a heart, hands it to Dennis, picks up another heart, hands it to me, then picks one up for herself and tells us it's time for Family Home Evening! LOL, such a cute girl! Dennis and I went out to the movies in the afternoon. We finally got to see Mall Cop and I really liked it! I'd recommend seeing that one! And then for dinner I had picked up a couple of Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizzas and we had a candlelight pizza dinner! It was nice. The day was hard for his dad though but he seemed to get through it ok.

Sunday Charity again didn't want to go to church because she didn't want to go to class. I stayed with her for a few minutes until she was playing nicely and then told her I was going to leave now. She about threw a fit and wanted to leave with me but I told her that she could have a sucker and some ice cream after church if stayed and was nice about it (Yes, sometimes I am NOT above bribery!) Well, she stayed and did great although she's still telling us she hates nursery :( I'm just not sure how to get through to her that it's a good thing. We're hoping that we're atleast over this by the end of the year for sunbeams!

Well, Charity is in the process of destroying a puzzle box so I guess I'd better go try to rescue it. I've got some pictures I wanted to post but I'll have to do that later!

2 comments:

Amy said...

i bet your dr has her weight and height info down somewhere. I would ask them when you take her in next. I hope she starts to like nursery soon!

Jayme said...

You may find out that she goes to Sunbeams just fine. That happens sometimes. I kind of think it may be because Primary is a bit more structured, there's more room in the Primary room, and in their own individual class there aren't (usually) as many kids. Hang in there.