Thursday, February 5, 2009

True Love

So I was thinking the other day of what we could do to include the girls in Valentine's Day or what we could do to teach them about it and I started thinking about how many different ideas about love there are out there and so I figued we'd maybe do a family home evening around Valentine's Day on love and different types of love.

I want to let them know how Mommy and Daddy loved each other so much that they wanted to share that love so they're the ultimate expression of our love for each other. I want to be able to express to them now and in the years to come how much I love them, no matter what and that I hope they are always able to know that and to feel our love for them.

But then that also got me thinking about Dennis' and our love for each other. How much it's changed and matured over the last 7 years. Yes, I think we started out with that infatuation love where we just couldn't spend enough time together and one thing that I really love is that that has never changed. We still never can seem to spend enough time together. I've heard people talk about how years into marriage they need their alone time and time seperate from each other and while we each have seperate interests and he has guy friends and I have girl friends that we like to spend time with occassionally we still want to spend time with each other more.

At an Institute class one time (I don't remember which class) the teacher said something along the lines of that any two good LDS people could get married and make the marriage work if they wanted to because they'd have the same ideals and goals in this life. And I have to admit that I mostly agree with that. My friend Sam started argueing that there has to be some sense of attraction so they went back and forth for like 10 mins, it was pretty funny. And while I believe there are some people who have that soul mate out there, not everyone has a soul mate but they have several options that would still work out in the end. Does that make any sense? I hope that comes across right but anyway where I was going with that was that I don't know if Dennis and I knew eachother before this life, I don't know if we came to this earth knowing we were meant to find each other or not but I DO KNOW that we are meant to be together.

No comments: