Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So proud of myself

For the first time ever, I voted! I know, it's bad that I HAVEN'T voted before now but I finally went and did it! I am just so proud of myself. It was an adventure though. I thought I was registered to vote because I marked yes on that check box when I renewed my driver's license after we moved into the house but apparently it didn't go through or something so I had to do a provisional ballot and fill out the paper one instead of getting to use the machines :( But next time! lol.

The cute thing was that Charity on the way there talked about wanting to vote and she got an "I voted" sticker too. (She's quite proud of herself) On the way home I talked to her about tonight we'll see who wins the election and that we'll have a new President and she started getting all excited and told me she wants her present. lol, not quite what I meant but still a cute interpretation :) I know it won't be the "present" I voted for since I didn't vote democratic or republican but I still can't wait to see who win.

Oh, and for anyone that is wondering I voted Baldwin. He's with the constitution party and while I didn't agree with him on everything he's the one that was closest to what I believe in so... there ya have it. There were more issues to look at than just who was running for president and don't worry, I voted on those too. I'm still just so proud of myself for finally getting out and doing it!

No comments: