Thursday, August 14, 2008

We love the Zoo

Yesterday Charity, Danielle, Grandpa and I went to Hogle Zoo (pictures to come). It was so much fun! I must admit, I think I love going to the zoo almost as much as Charity does. But, boy does it wear you out! Charity ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home (a little after 6) and I thought I was in for a long night... But nope, she actually stayed asleep and didn't get up this morning until about 8:30! WOW, it's been a long time since she's done anything like that. But, she hasn't been sleeping as well lately so I'm sure it was just a combination of that catching up with her and being worn out from walking around the zoo for five hours. Seriously, she hardly rode in the stroller at all, she walked and played pretty much the whole time we were there!

And she absolutely LOVED the carousel. It was the first time she's been on it and she loved it. So, from now on I think we're just going to have to alternate, one time carousel, one time train or something! I let her ride it twice because she liked it so much and cuz I had gotten 2 tickets so I could take her once and grandpa could take her once, although he ended up opting to sit with Danielle both times. The first time she rode the leopard and the second time she rode the giraffe. She likes the giraffes a lot. She got really upset when we were looking at the giraffes because I wouldn't let her get in with them! I heard "Mommy, want to touch the giraffe" over and over again. Then she got upset again once it was time to move on to look at something else! Oh, and she actually touched the big elephant sculpture this time! She was afraid of it last time and initially this time but it seems she is getting over that. Yay! for Charity! I think we're going to have to go again real soon.

I made a deal with her, after she has pooped on the potty 2x we'll go swimming and after she's pooped on the potty 5x we'll go to the zoo again. Hopefully this is enough motivation to get her pooping on the potty! Cuz she pooped 3x this morning and it would have been so much easier on me if it was in the potty! She's doing great with the potty training, in fact I think she is pretty much there except for the pooping, her last pee accident was a week ago and it had been like a week before that! I've got her in panties full time now (even at bedtime). Dennis didn't want to put her in panties at bedtime yet but I insisted and she's doing great! I told him to why use that if it was needed so we tried it for a few nights and she did good :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Go Charity on the pt!! pssst, wanna come down and pt Jake? He's 3.5 and still not trained. UGHHH!!