Saturday, August 2, 2008

Making Jam

So, I figured out this summer that the bushes in my yard are chokecherries. I decided I couldn't let them go to waste so tonight we ended up picking lots and lots of chokecherries and making jam. We just got done around midnight! Ok, so we didn't start until like 7 anyway but still... It was a long and tedious process. Have you ever tried to juice chokecherries!?!?!?! We had to use 3 qts just to get 4 cups of juice!!! We ended up after using 9qts of chokecherries with a dozen jars of jam (8oz) and 2 jars of syrup!!! Now, who can I share my jam with? I've gotta make sure it's good. Oh, and I am so planning on making more. Do you know how many chokecherries are still on the bushes!?! So, now who can I share my jam with? I'm gonna keep a couple for me, Tiffany gets a couple, my mom gets a couple, Laura gets one, Kim gets one, keeping one for the fair next year, keeping one for Tiffany to enter into some competition thing in Salt Lake. Guess that's about it until I get more made!

No comments: