Monday, June 23, 2008

Just remembering

So, this post might surprise some of you but I was thinking a lot about it today on my drive (headed to Preston again) and felt like sharing so here ya go...

Everytime I drive past Wellsville (come into or leaving the valley) I think about my friend Dave. Dave was a guy I met a few months before I met Dennis. The night we met, my friend Amber and I were sitting by him at work. She thought him and I would make a perfect couple (always trying to hook someone up... lol) and was trying to hook us up so she invited him to Walmart with us after work. She's funny... Anyway, somehow we started a running joke that we were going to get married. We even made wedding plans, just never set a date. lol. It was fun. He was going to school to become a pilot so for our honeymoon he was going to fly us down to South America to visit a beautiful place he had seen on his mission (he went to Brazil). I wish that I remember where because I would still love to visit it one day. We joked about this a lot and had friends at work who were even in on it. I always thought it was just a joke we had but only found out later that he actually did end up wanting to marry me... Anyway, I digress.

Him and I became really good friends pretty quickly and I was interested in him but never thought he was all that seriously interested in me. Though, he told me once he understood me because of my paradigm. To this day, I've still never fully figured out what he meant by that. Unfortunately, after I started dating Dennis we drifted apart (I was afterall spending most of my time with Dennis) and then in March, Dave was killed in a car accident. It was only after his death that I had found out that he really did want to marry me, he had told Amber and she then told me. I would say that it's just because you mainly remember the good after someone is gone but I know I thought this when he was alive as well, but Dave was one of the best guys, no people, that I have ever known or will know.

He was such an optimistic person. He always had a smile on his face. He had a great sense of humor, and was always laughing or making someone else laugh. He was kind, and courteous and always tried to speak highly of others. He was strong in his faith and had some of the highest values I've ever seen in anyone. He truly lived following Christ's example. I remember thinking after I heard of his death that he had to leave this earth because he was just too good to stay here.

I think his death is also what pushed me to marry Dennis so quickly. It was the end of March we started talking of getting engaged. No, it's not really because he died, but because I realized how fragile and temporary this life is and I knew Dennis and I were meant to be together. I know it was other things that influenced him in deciding it was time but I just needed to shart this bit of insight.

Today as I was passing Wellsville again. I was also thinking about Dave and him finding an eternal companion on the other side. Some love song was on that got me thinking about it... And I thought that if I had ended this life not married, I would so be willing to be sealed to him. I actually thought too that if women were allowed to be sealed to more than one man, I'd be willing to be in the hereafter as well, lol. Yeah, I thought that highly of him.

Anyway, I had more but I lost my train of thought since I had to go eat dinner. So when I remember the rest I'll post it

No comments: