Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Pot Pie Recipe

I've had a couple of people ask me for this recipe so I figured I would post it here. I was given the original recipe by a ward member in my student-married ward. Sorry I don't remember her name and I don't remember the original but here's my version!

My Pot Pie

1 can corn
1 can peas/carrots
1 big can of diced potatos or 2 standard sizes (ofcourse you're welcome to cut up your own, not sure how many maybe 5?)
2 cans cream of chicken or 1 large can
1 can cream of something else
1lb of chicken cut, and cooked
4 pre-made pie crusts (makes 2 pies) or you can make your own crust
herbs to taste (I add a combo of all or some of these: basil, oregano, cajun, salt and spice, season all salt, garlic, and yeah, you get the picture :) Whatever herbs you like)

Combine all ingredients (except pie crusts of course) in a big mixing bowl. Then add to pie crusts, slit top crust. cook at 350 for about an hour. May need to broil for up to 5 mins to brown the top.

No comments: