Monday, March 2, 2009

Preparing for our trip

So it's almost time for our big trip. It's approaching with a lot of anticipation and a bit of trepidation! lol. It's going to be so much fun to go see everyone but it's going to be hard being away from Dennis for two whole weeks, and not just for me but for the girls too. And I really don't think he's looking forward to it. But grandpa may come visit to help keep him company for a while while we're gone and that will be good for him.

It's going to be so much fun though! Next Monday my parents and the girls and I are leaving for CA to visit my Great Aunt Kathleen, then at the end of next week we're heading to AZ to go to my twin's house for a week! This trip has been in the plan for so long it's hard to believe it is already here! Now comes the fun stuff of packing and making sure we're ready to go. It's like a 12-14 hour drive each way (except only 5 from CA to AZ) so it's going to be fun! lol. Im planning on making a surprise toy bag and grabbing a few fun cheap toys for the girl's so they can have something fun to play with and then I'm borrowing my sister's portable DVD player so Charity can have some entertainment watching movies on the trip as well (don't worry, I won't let her watch the whole way, that would be way too much!) But trying to figure out exactly what we need and getting everything all ready is the fun plan for this week. In addition of course to trying to keep the house relatively clean!

And then I just found out that daylight savings is this weekend so that is going to complicate our time differences on the trip! Oh it's going to be fun getting the girl's back on a good routine when we get home!!! Scary! But I'm so excited and now I'm talking to Charity about it and I think she's pretty excited to except that everytime we go anywhere right now she thinks we're going to Grandpa Y's house. lol, poor girl.

But yay! So if you've got any advice on how to handle two kids in the car for 12-14 hours a time feel free to share! And any tips or tricks for a two-week trip away from home will be appreciated to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How exciting! Have a wonderful time!!