Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have Serious Issues with Sesame Street today

Anyone watch Sesame Street lately? WOW, apparently it's changed a bit since I was a kid. What kind of values are they wanting to teach young children?

I know some people really like this kind of music and there is nothing inherently wrong with it but a bunch of it was like hip/hop rap type music and then they had one of the actresses off of sex and the city doing a segment on fabulous and at one part she asked if the shoe came in her size and while nothing was specifically said or anything it just was too similar for me, it was just too easy to make the connection, and then they had some women who were dancers who were just soooo sickenly thin. You know, the toothpick arms, you can see every bone kind of thin. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I mean, there are some parts of it that are REALLY good but then they throw in stuff like that. Grrrrr. I mean, why can't it just all be good wholesome kid stuff!?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have noticed this too! It's so sad how things change. Seseme Street was so great when I was a kid!

Heidi said...

I remember having a similar reaction when my son was getting to the age where I thought maybe he could start watching children's shows on PBS. Found Sesame Street and about had a stroke because they had a muppet dressed in the leather jacket with chains and doing a Billy Idol impression of Rebel Yell, only it was Rebel L. I avoided that show and opted for this annoying but wholesome new show called Barney and Friends. :)

Heidi said...

Oh, and I LOVE your new background, btw!!

Sarah Jayne said...

lol, Barney has such a bad rap but seriously it seems to be a really good kids show!