Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Amazed

This is a whole bunch of random baby thoughts so I hope it all makes sense.

As I sit and hold Rebecca I'm just amazed at this little being. The fact that she's here and perfect and all that was required for that too happen. It just amazes me. Then the fact that she's continuing to grow, still nurtured and getting everything she needs from me. Her little tiny, long, toes and her little tiny, long, fingers. Just how beautiful and special she is. I remember feeling this way with both of my other 2 girls as well. Just sitting and wondering at what a miracle they are.

And I just love newborns and babies. They are so small and sweet. Their soft coos, and warm baby cuddles. Absolute innocence and trust. They are just precious.

This time I find that even though she's only 3 weeks old I'm already feeling sad over the loss of her babyhood. I've never experienced this before. With Charity it was just wonder and amazement at each new milestone and accomplishment. I still get amazed at her.

Today we went through her ABC book and she named off all the letters for me. I knew she recognized most of them but we'd never sat and just went through them all before. A few weeks ago I taught her how to write her name, and now she can write it and spell it, and recognize the different letters and their sounds. Her little mind is just thirsting for more and more knowledge and it's amazing to watch.

With my little tiny Danielle (who doesn't seem so little and tiny anymore, lol) sometimes I wonder how on earth she's only 2. She seems to know things beyond her age and comprehend things that are beyond a 2-year olds understanding but at the same time she still seems like my little baby girl to me. Perhaps some of those feelings stem from her size (she is only 22/23 lbs at almost 2 1/2 years old) but I just haven't been prepared or ready for her to hit the same milestones and accomplishments like I was with Charity. I still celebrate them and encourage them but she's growing up way too fast.

And now I've got my newest little one. This time, I don't have to be told to enjoy it before it's over, because I know just how quickly her babyhood will be gone and I want to enjoy every single moment of it.

No comments: