Thursday, July 21, 2011

Danielle & Being Sick

So, last Monday after we came home from the Zoo Danielle started running a fever, I thought maybe it was from heat exhaustion or something. The next day she seemed fine. Then on Wednesday night I think it was she started running a fever again and off and on it's been since then. She was also crankier than usual, wanted to be carried and babied more, seemed more tired. I attributed the tiredness and off sleep schedule over the last week from remnants from when her cousins were here because their sleeping and schedules and everything were practically non-existent and all messed up for a few weeks, and I attributed the crankiness and wanting to be carried to some of that as well. Well, Tuesday night once again she was running a fever in the middle of the night. Then Wednesday morning at swim lessons she refused to get in the water and was just unhappy and cranky and I'd had enough so I decided to take her to see the doctor, plus her dental work is next Tuesday (which she needs to be put under for) and I figured if something was going on we needed to get it resolved before then. So, I called and set up an appointment.

It turns out that she has walking pneumonia :( My poor girl! I had no idea what could be going on but pneumonia or any form of it was so far away from even being considered :( She now on a good strong antibiotic and then we'll be taking her back in on Monday to get her cleared for her dental work on Tuesday. My poor girl. I feel so bad for her. I really hope she gets feeling better quickly!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh no! Poor girl! Max had that about 2 or 3 summers ago, I was floored when the dr told me. I seriously thought he was faking (he frequently fakes being sick) and put off taking him to the dr. I felt so guilty!